06 Nov My Pantry Items I Always Keep In My Kitchen!
Happy Monday….I wanted to share some of must have party items I always keep in my kitchen to make healthy meals. Having a well stocked pantry will set you up for success in the kitchen and keep you on track for healthy recipes options during the week. Lets face it, the weekends can sometimes be challenging to eat right when you are out trying new restaurants or enjoying a few extra cocktails or sweets. 🙂 However, when Monday rolls around you are ready to get back on track and have a week of healthy meals. I am going to just focus on my actual “pantry ” for this post and tell you what I keep on hand and most of these you will recognize from my recipes! 🙂 Lets get started…….
- Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or vegetable but I prefer chicken for my recipes)
- Canned beans ( my favorites, Garbanzo and Cannellini and when I have chili kidney beans etc.. )
- Healthy good quality Marinara Sauce ( I usually get mine at Fresh Market – great options )
- Jarred Roasted Red Peppers and Artichoke Hearts
- Healthy Pasta options ( Gluten Free, Protein Plus, Whole Grain, Couscous, Orzo and pasta made from Lentils )
- Rice and Quinoa options ( my favorites Basmati, black rice, Jasmine and all kinds of Quinoa I love it )
- Light Brown Sugar ( great for adding a little flavor to marinades )
- Bread Crumbs ( Whole wheat, Italian Style and Panko )
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Peanut Oil, and Safflower Oil which is high in Vitamin E
- Oatmeal ( mainly I keep this to make energy bites and homemade granola bars )
- Lentils ( I like red and green )
- Canned Tomatoes ( I like San Marzano – diced and whole peeled )
- Bob’s Red Mill Healthy Flour for on the rare occasion I bake 🙂 ( my favs coconut, whole grain, brown rice and almond)
Well that wraps up my pantry and next week I will do my refrigerator staples and my spice cabinet. I hope this helps you for your next grocery store trip and gets you motivated to stock up and get cooking! 🙂